A member of the Bahrain Medical Association has the right to:
- Attend the meetings of the General Assembly and discuss the topics on its agenda and vote on them.
- Obtaining membership card in the association indicating its name, membership number, date of validity and speciality.
- Obtaining a copy of the statute of the association.
- To benefit from the facilities offered by the Association to its members at the professional or social level.
- Obtain copies of publications from the Assembly or publications.
- The records, documents and correspondence of the Association in the times allocated by the Board of Directors, and shall be available at the headquarters of the Association and in the presence of the person in his custody.
- Participation in all activities of the Assembly.
The member of the society must have the following conditions:
- To be a Bahraini national
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in human medicine or dentistry or equivalent from one of the recognized universities or colleges in the State of Bahrain.
- To be of good standing and conduct, and shall not be sentenced in a felony, dishonorable or dishonest, unless he is rehabilitated.
The membership of the Assembly is divided into three sections:
- He is the member to whom all the conditions of membership mentioned in Article (9) of the Law apply. He has all the rights to be nominated, voted or elected and has all the duties.
- Participating Membership:
- This membership is granted to every non-Bahraini doctor, pharmacist, veterinarian and medical assistant working in Bahrain, unless they have a professional association representing them and all the rights of the members working except for the right to vote, to stand for election or to be elected.
- Honorary membership:
- The Board of Directors shall be entitled to grant this membership to any person who has made a distinguished contribution in the health and professional fields by virtue thereof. Such membership shall not be entitled to vote, nomination or election, nor shall he be obliged to pay the fees for joining or participating.
- Any person wishing to join the Association shall apply to the Secretary of the Board of Directors in accordance with the form prepared for this purpose. The application shall be accompanied by the recommendation of two members of the Association. The Secretary of the Council shall present the application for admission to the Board of Directors at its first meeting to decide on the acceptance or rejection of the application within one month from the date of its submission.
- The applicant shall be notified in writing of the decision of the Board of Directors to accept or reject within two weeks from the date of issuance of the decision and to explain the reasons in case of rejection. Applications that have been rejected by the Council shall not be reconsidered until after a period of not less than three months from the date of the rejection decision.
- Any person who wishes to withdraw from the membership of the Association shall apply to the Secretary of the Board of Directors in writing and shall be informed of the reasons for withdrawal. The Secretary shall submit the request to the Council within one month from the date of its submission to consider the reasons for the withdrawal of the member and an attempt to convince him to cancel his decision within one month from the date of submission of the request to the Council. The withdrawing member shall be obligated to pay all outstanding contributions and any other financial obligations of the Association.
The Board of Directors may dismiss the member from the Assembly after hearing his point of view in the following cases:
- If he violates the Statute or the internal regulations of the Assembly
- If he violates the legitimate resolutions of the General Assembly or the Board of Directors.
- If he deviates from the funds of the association or dispenses its trust or falsifies its seals, correspondence or papers.
- If he is expelled or a month in the Assembly, its work or its Board of Directors.
- If he refrains from paying his contribution without an acceptable reason, notwithstanding his written notification that payment must be made in accordance with the financial regulations of the Association.
- If a criminal judgment is issued against him in a crime of dishonor or honesty unless he is rehabilitated. And shall not be dismissed only with the approval of two-thirds of the members of the Board of Directors and notify the member of the decision of the Council within two weeks from the date of issue.
- If he is found guilty of performing an act that harms the interests and morals of the profession or degrades its value.
A dismissed member may lodge a grievance against the decision to dismiss him before the Ordinary or Extraordinary General Assembly at its first meeting after the issuance of the resolution of dismissal and the decision of the Assembly shall be final. The Secretary of the Board of Directors shall notify the Member of the General Assembly Resolution within two weeks from the date of issue.
Membership falls in one of the following cases:
- Withdrawal from the membership of the Assembly
- Loss of one of the conditions of membership mentioned in Article (9) of these rules.
- Separation from the Assembly.
The member must respect the rules and regulations of the society and abide by its decisions and pay the membership fees and participation as determined by the financial regulations and abide by the rules and duties of the doctor and the ethics of the profession, and he must alert the board of directors if any violation of any member of those laws, regulations or decisions. He shall also perform his duties in respect of his profession with precision and honesty and abide by the conditions and rules of practicing the profession.
With the emphasis that the relationship between members should be based on fellowship, trust, mutual respect and fair competition. A member of the Association shall not be entitled to take any judicial action against any other member because of practicing the profession, unless the matter is submitted to the Board of Directors.